Izwi Lethemba Community Radio is a licensed radio station on 93.8MHz, situated at 6 Parkridge Road, Parkside, East London, 5200. The station prides itself on its establishment on solid values and principles and has been on air since 4 April 2012, covering the geographical area of Buffalo City Municipality and the surrounding areas. Since it has been on air, the station has managed to draw a considerable amount of listenership and prides itself as a credible, reliable, innovative, ethical, and responsible source of information and entertainment. The station offers its listeners a sense of belonging and keeps them informed about their indigenous background within a modern context. It also provides a compelling and distinctive programming that does not only educate, but also entertains and empowers communities.
- To establish a Community Radio Station that will be the voice for the Buffalo City Municipality region and its surroundings areas.
- To entertain, educate, inform and contribute to the development of the community.
- To establish ourselves as a bona fide facilitator between local government, local business and the BCM community.
- To provide a platform for community discussions, debates and community-building public interactions.
- To inform the BCM community about the remarkable life changing events which are happening in the area amongst its citizens
- To bring a message of hope and positive thinking to our listeners, as per our tagline.
of Directors and the Station Manager handles all operations.
To entertain, educate, inform and contribute to the development of the community.
80% Talk and 20% Music · Languages:75% Xhosa, 15 %English & 10% Afrikaans · Music: 85% South African & 15% International
- 80% Talk and 20% Music
- Languages:75% Xhosa, 15 %English & 10% Afrikaans
- Music: 85% South African & 15% International
Role Of Izwi Lethemba In The Community
- It gives a voice to the people who do not have or have limited access to the mainstream media to express their views on community development
- The program content is influenced by members and communities during the annual general meeting
- Its emphasis is to give priority to local information and/or news
- It gives a platform to government departments, municipalities, institutions, gospel artists, etc to market their services / products to communities and the broader society. Many businesses, churches, government departments and municipalities have used the station as a vehicle of reaching their intended target market
- It has brought people together and revived the spirit of ubuntu / humanity.
- It is a tremendous source of information, encouragement, inspiration and entertainment to the broader society.
- All its presenters are locals who have never been exposed to broadcasting before, but today have grown popular amongst communities.
083 383 6384
072 932 7204